- About CDI
- CDI Properties
- Executive Team
Current available jobs in Finance:
Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Senior Director - Income Tax Accounting - Churchill Downs Incorporated (Louisville, KY)
This position is responsible for managing the tax accounting process pursuant to ASC 740. Specific responsibilities include the determination of US federal, state, local and non-US affiliate corporate tax provisions, maintenance of tax basis balance sheets, deferred tax calculation and support, estimation of book-to-tax differences, and preparation of the quarterly/annual SEC tax footnote. This position will also be expected to migrate the tax provision environment from an Excel based model to a OneSource Tax Provision environment.
The individual assuming this position may also need to assist with tax compliance, audits and special projects on an as-needed basis. The individual will develop effective working relationships with management, as well as finance and other operating personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- CPA required, Masters in Taxation preferred
- A minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in taxation is required and a mixture of public accounting and industry experience is preferred.
- Excellent financial acumen and thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Experience with OneSource income tax software preferred
- Detail oriented, professional demeanor, strong organization and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with senior / executive management
- Excellent verbal and written communication / presentation skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to cultivate working relationships throughout the organization
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ensures income tax reporting and related disclosures are complete and accurate in financial statements
Ensures interim quarterly consolidated effective tax rate and tax forecast are complete and accurate
Ensures proper design, operation and maintenance of SOX controls related to taxes
Ensures proper application of income tax accounting and other accounting pronouncements including proper application of newly created accounting pronouncements
Meet with external auditors re: income tax reporting matters
Assist with the income tax compliance process for federal & state jurisdictions
Assist with income tax filings
ABOUT CHURCHILL DOWNS INCORPORATED:
Churchill Downs Incorporated (CDI) (NASDAQ: CHDN), headquartered in Louisville, Ky., is an industry-leading racing, gaming and online entertainment company anchored by our iconic flagship event - The Kentucky Derby. We are a leader in brick-and-mortar casino gaming with gaming positions in six states, and we are the largest, legal online account wagering platform for horseracing in the U.S., through our ownership of TwinSpires.com. We are also one of the world’s largest producers and distributors of mobile games through Big Fish Games, Inc. Additional information about CDI can be found online at www.churchilldownsincorporated.com.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ